Download A Programmer's Guide to Drupal by Jennifer Hodgdon PDF
By Jennifer Hodgdon
If you’re an online programmer new to Drupal, this booklet exhibits you which of them programming ideas you could use—and that you should still avoid—when development customized internet purposes with this content material administration framework. Drupal has its personal set of programming ideas that require a distinct process, and plenty of programmers make blunders while counting on abilities they’ve used for different tasks. the ideas during this publication assist you during the transition by means of demonstrating which programming practices agree to the “Drupal way,” and which don’t.
If you’re acquainted with Hypertext Preprocessor, you’ll fast how one can make the most of the robust Drupal API.
* Get an entire evaluation of Drupal, together with Drupal center and add-on modules and subject matters
* study Drupal’s simple programming rules, similar to the power to customise habit and output with hooks
* realize universal Drupal programming mistakes—and why hacking is one in all them
* discover particular components the place you could placed your programming abilities to paintings
* study programming advice and instruments that will help you excellent and debug your purposes
Read or Download A Programmer's Guide to Drupal PDF
Best programming books
If you’re an online programmer new to Drupal, this ebook indicates you which of them programming suggestions you could use—and that you may still avoid—when construction customized internet functions with this content material administration framework. Drupal has its personal set of programming rules that require a distinct process, and lots of programmers make blunders whilst counting on talents they’ve used for different initiatives. the ideas during this publication assist you during the transition through demonstrating which programming practices comply with the “Drupal way,” and which don’t.
If you’re accustomed to personal home page, you’ll speedy easy methods to benefit from the robust Drupal API.
* Get an entire assessment of Drupal, together with Drupal middle and add-on modules and topics
* study Drupal’s easy programming ideas, comparable to the facility to customise habit and output with hooks
* notice universal Drupal programming mistakes—and why hacking is considered one of them
* discover particular components the place you could positioned your programming abilities to paintings
* research programming counsel and instruments that can assist you excellent and debug your purposes
C Primer Plus is a gently confirmed, well-crafted, and whole instructional on a topic middle to programmers and builders. This laptop technological know-how vintage teaches ideas of programming, together with established code and top-down design.
Author and educator Stephen Prata has created an creation to C that's instructive, transparent, and insightful. basic programming thoughts are defined in addition to info of the interval. Many brief, sensible examples illustrate only one or thoughts at a time, encouraging readers to grasp new issues via instantly placing them to use.
Review questions and programming routines on the finish of every bankruptcy carry out the main severe items of knowledge and aid readers comprehend and digest the main tricky techniques. A pleasant and easy-to-use self-study consultant, this publication is suitable for severe scholars of programming, in addition to builders informed in different languages with a wish to higher comprehend the basics of this center language.
The 6th version of this e-book has been up-to-date and elevated to hide the most recent advancements in C in addition to to take a close examine the hot C11 typical. In C Primer Plus you’ll locate intensity, breadth, and various instructing thoughts and instruments to reinforce your learning:
• entire, built-in dialogue of either c programming language basics and extra features
• transparent suggestions approximately whilst and why to take advantage of varied components of the language
• Hands-on studying with concise and straightforward examples that improve your realizing of an idea or at a time
• 1000s of useful pattern programs
• overview questions and programming routines on the finish of every bankruptcy to check your understanding
• assurance of wide-spread C to provide you the best flexibility
This booklet is aimed toward the operating Rails developer who's trying to develop and evolve Rails initiatives whereas retaining them versatile, maintainable, and powerful. the focal point is on pragmatic recommendations which tread a "middle way" among the expedience of the Rails "golden path", and inflexible OO purity.
PhoneGap is an invaluable and versatile instrument that permits you to create complicated hybrid functions for cellular structures. as well as the middle expertise, there's a huge and colourful neighborhood that creates third-party plugins that may take your app to the following level.
This e-book will consultant you thru the method of making a fancy data-driven hybrid cellular software utilizing PhoneGap, net applied sciences, and third-party plugins.
- Xcode 4 Unleashed (2nd Edition)
- Haskell vs Ada vs C++ vs Awk vs ... An experiment in software prototyping productivity
- Expert Visual C++/CLI: .NET for Visual C++ Programmers
- C++ Primer (5th Edition)
- ASP.NET 3.5 Website Programming: Problem - Design - Solution (Wrox Programmer to Programmer)
- SAS Essentials: A Guide to Mastering SAS for Research
Extra info for A Programmer's Guide to Drupal
You’ll be doing more interesting programming tasks rather than tedious ones. • You’ll save time by taking advantage of previous efforts by others. • You can use code that has been reviewed for security problems and tested on many other sites instead of custom code that is for only your site. • You can take advantage of the internationalization and translation capabilities of built-in Drupal systems. Here are some examples of Drupal site building knowledge you should explore in order to avoid unnecessary and tedious programming: Customizing fielded content display The core Fields administrative interface provides a lot of flexibility in defining how fields are displayed in content, including the order of fields, label placement, data formatting, and which fields are shown.
Permissions and security in forms The Drupal Form API also has a permission and security system that you can take advantage of. This consists of the following components: • When you are defining a form array, each form element can be given a Boolean '#access' property—TRUE means the form element is displayed and usable, and FALSE means it is not accessible to the current user. When you are building a form, you can assign the result of a user_access() call to the '#access' property of an element, to programmatically show/hide form elements.
Contributed modules with tests either follow the same conventions, or in Drupal 7, may put the tests in a sub-directory tests. • If you want to write tests for the Drupal project, look for issues tagged “needs tests” in a project that interests you (Drupal core or a contributed project). org/coding-standards/docs 32 | Chapter 2: Drupal Programming Principles • The Drupal core files for Drupal 7 and 8 are mostly pretty well documented and mostly adhere to the Drupal documentation standards. • If you want to contribute API documentation to the Drupal project, look for issues in the “documentation” component in a project that interests you.